Educators are invited to apply for the STEM Scale-Up Programs. Scale-Up provides STEM educational opportunities to thousands of educators and approximately one-fifth of Iowa students each year, bringing some of the nation’s best STEM lessons, labs, kits, software and professional development to PreK-12 students and educators in-school, afterschool and other educational settings, especially Iowa’s historically underserved students. The application period for the STEM Scale-Up Program closes on February 22, 2022.
Thirteen programs were selected from a proposal pool of 79 for the 2022-2023 STEM Scale-Up Program menu based on the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council’s strategic priorities, including computing, agriculture, medicine, robotics and connections to STEM careers, spanning early learning to senior year. These priorities ensure selected programs prepare Iowa students for the future workforce.
A team of trained reviewers considered evidence of effect, diversity impact, cost-benefit ratio, sustainability, Iowa Core alignment and more when selecting final programs. The following 13 programs were selected to be offered to preK-12 educators across Iowa for implementation during the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Computational Thinking in Action with Micro:bit
- Daily Math Fluency
- Project Lead the Way Energy and the Environment
- Iowa Leadership in Engineering Design
- Nepris - Real World Connections to STEM Career Professionals
- Project GUTS (Growing Up Thinking Scientifically)
- Ready, Set, Drone!
- Robot investigations with Finch Robot
- SoapyCilantro: A Hands-On Introduction to Precision Health and Agriculture
- Storytime STEM-packs: STEM + Computer Science
- Tiny Techies
- WaterWorks: Engineering and Investigating the Properties of Water in grades PK-2
The selected educator recipients will be announced in April. Visit www.iowastem.org/scale-up-application for more information on the 2022-2023 STEM Scale-Up Programs.